Effective date of this Privacy Statement January 1, 2017
Lumileds Holding B.V. (“Lumileds”) is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes our practices in connection with personal data that we collect through:
- www.lumileds.com, and any other website operated by us from which you are accessing this Statement (“Websites”);
- The software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (“Apps”);
- Our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Statement (“Social Media Sites”); and
- HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Statement.
Websites, Apps and Social Media Sites are hereafter collectively referred to as the “Services”.
By providing personal data to us, you agree to this Statement.
Types of Personal Data we May Collect
When you interact with Lumileds through our Services, we may collect various personal data, such as:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address;
- Your country;
- Your telephone number;
- Your Lumileds username and password;
- Your IP address;
- Your usage of and activities on our Services;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behavior.
If you submit any personal data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so, and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Statement.
How We May Collect Personal Data
We and our service providers may collect personal data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect personal data through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, sign up for a marketing activities, contact our support centers or make an account.
- Offline: We may collect personal data from you offline, such as when you visit stores to purchase our products, attend one of our trade shows, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal data from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain personal data from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal data that are part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
For Which Purposes We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services, product tests, surveys and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal data. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with:
- Lumileds affiliates for the purposes described in this Statement. Lumileds Holding B.V. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used personal data.
- To our third party service providers who provide services, such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Sites). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- We also may use and disclose your personal data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete your personal data that you have previously provided to us, you can log into your “profile” with us at www.lumileds.com/register and make the desired changes or you can contact us via [email protected].
In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by ticking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card, or by selecting "opt-out" on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to "opt-in" or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to "opt-in" before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
We will try to comply with your choice as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop. If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn how to opt out of it in desktop and mobile browsers on the particular device on which you are accessing this Statement, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
You may also download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in mobile apps.
When you participate in various social media forums, like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the webpages), certain personal data may be shared with Lumileds about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, comments and content you have posted/shared, etc.
Linking to Other Websites
During your online journey across our Websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Lumileds, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Lumileds-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect personal data you entrust to Lumileds from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Lumileds uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Special Information for Parents
The Services are not directed to minors under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide personal data through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the Netherlands and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the Netherlands.
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of your personal data to countries outside of your country of residence that may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal data.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
The Services that Lumileds provides are always evolving and may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this Statement accordingly. We will post a prominent notice on our Websites to notify you of any significant changes to this Statement, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new Statement will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using our Websites. By continuing to access or make use of our Services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Statement.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us at [email protected].